#TexasToDo’s Fall 2018
Newly opened hotels, highly anticipated restaurants and exciting attractions make the perfect combination to FALL in love with the Lone Star State this season! Here are a handful of new places to add to your #TexasToDo list.
New flights are regularly added to Texas on all major airlines, making it an easily accessible trip destination! Recently, Frontier Airlines announced its 100th
destination will be Harlingen, Texas. The airline will add roundtrip flights from Chicago O’Hare and Denver to Harlingen, which is located in the southern tip of the Lone Star State about 45 minutes from South Padre Island!
Doug Pitcock '49 Texas A&M Hotel and Conference Center
recently opened its doors to guests in College Station, Texas which is 95 miles northwest of Houston. This hotel has 250 rooms and is only 96 yards away from Kyle Field, Texas A&M’s football stadium. The perfect location for football fans coming in to town to watch their team take on the fighting Aggies!
Opening in early 2019, the East Austin Hotel
will feature a rooftop bar overlooking Austin’s famous 6th
street and a poolside bar where guests can lounge in the sun. This hotel will have 83 rooms available for booking!
Recently opened, Aloft Fort Worth Downtown
, features its must-see bar, WXYZ, serving delicious food and an impressive cocktail menu, open to both hotel guests and visitors.
The legendary Stagecoach Inn
, located in Salado, which is between Waco and Austin, has reopened after exciting renovations to its restaurant and 48 guestrooms. This 157-year-old hotel has been renovated to feature contemporary design and aesthetic but hasn’t lost any of its old-fashioned charm!
New Eats and Drinks
Houston just got a new restaurant serving veggie-packed food: Vibrant
. Vibrant serves a plethora of superfoods specializing in grain bowls, smoothie bowls, salads and breakfast dishes! It even has a few healthy sweets on the menu like the root veggie muffin.
is the newest ‘fine casual’ contemporary restaurant in Richardson, located 15 miles north of Dallas. The “Fish” in the name comes from the classic fish ‘n chips dish and “Fizz” speaks to the restaurant’s large offering of champagne, sparkling wine, craft beer, ciders and old school sodas!
Tiki bar hotspot, Kanaloa
, just opened in Market Square Park in downtown Houston. This unique bar serves a fun assortment of “exotic cocktails” like strawberry martinis and pineapple mojitos.
Looking for thrills? San Antonio Fiesta Texas just announced it will be getting a new thrill ride called “The Joker Wild Card”
– which will go up to 75 miles per hour!
The East Texas State Fair
in Tyler is getting SEVEN new attractions this fall! A few of these attractions include the Sea Lion Splash, a new magician show and for parents – a Craft Beer Tour. The East Texas State Fair is the perfect place for families to enjoy an assortment of activities.
Fall Event Highlights
- Tri-State Fair & Rodeo – Amarillo, TX (September 14-22, 2018)
- Beachtoberfest – Port Aransas, TX (September 20 - October 28, 2018)
- Texas State Fair – Dallas, TX (September 28 - October 21, 2018)
- Texas Super Chef Throwdown Series – Port Aransas, TX (October 3-6, 2018)
- Oktoberfest – Fredericksburg, TX (October 5-7, 2018)
- Austin City Limits Music Festival – Austin, TX (October 5-14, 2018)
- SeaFair – Rockport, TX (October 11-14, 2018)
- Downtown Tyler Film Festival – Tyler, TX (October 11-14, 2018)
- Heart of Texas Wine and Food Festival – Waco, TX (October 13)
- San Antonio Beer Festival – San Antonio, TX (October 20, 2018)
- Terlingua Chili Cook-Off – Terlingua, TX (October 31- November 3, 2018)
- Wurstfest – New Braunfels, TX (November 2-11, 2018)
Looking for even more fun fall inspiration? Check out www.TravelTexas.com
and find us on Facebook
. Visitors can also share their experiences from across the Lone Star State with #TexasToDo to inspire others!